Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Your Love Is Ever Before Me

“Your love is ever before me, and I walk continually in your truth” (Psalm 26:3).

I believe God loves me, but at times I have wanted Him to show His love for me in a way of my choosing – namely giving me relief from pain and restoring some lost abilities. Then I noticed this verse for the first time.

During a heavy snow storm I realized that God’s love was literally before me in the beauty of the snow-covered scenery. His love is before my eyes in the comforts of my home and in the faces, voices, and e-mails of those I love and who love me. His love is revealed on the pages of His precious Word, not to mention the strength this love brings to help me through each day. I was amazed at how blind I can be to the myriad of ways in which He shows his love.

I looked at the second half of this verse and was challenged again. If I am walking continually in His truth, I will take every thought and hold it up to the light of His Word. If a thought is not based on Scripture, I need to cast it aside and replace it with His truth. Being aware of His love and basing my thoughts on His Word, I will be filled with peace and contentment even amidst my pain and yearnings.

God does love me – more than I can comprehend with my limited earthly perceptions. May I trust that love enough to let go of my demands and begin to grasp how wide and long and high and deep His love is, that I might be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God (Ephesians 3:18,19).

Prayer: Lord, may I say with the Psalmist, “Thy steadfast love is before my eyes and I walk in faithfulness to Thee” (RSV). Open my eyes and increase my faith. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment