Wednesday, February 10, 2016

A Valentine from God


“I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness”
(Jeremiah 31:3).

I believe God loves me. Yet at times I doubt His love, especially during periods of ongoing pain or problems.

But Scripture is full of ways God shows His love for me.

When I feel useless: “We are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do” (Ephesians 2:10).

When I feel like no one cares: “The Lord your God is with you.  He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing” (Zephaniah 3:17).

When I feel hopeless: “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit” (Romans 15:13).

When I feel I can’t handle my pain anymore:  “When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze” (Isaiah 43:2).

When I’m afraid of future suffering: “Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go” (Joshua 1:9).

Jennifer Rothschild has compiled a list of 66 ways God loves us – one for each book of the Bible. 

Here is a sampling of them. 

“In Genesis, He fashions you with His hands.
In Psalms, He draws you close & listens for your voice.
In Ezekiel & Daniel, the Lord joins you in the fire.
In the gospels, God puts on human flesh to save you.
In Acts, He gives you His Spirit.
In Peter, He gives you victory over suffering.
In Revelation, He bestows the ultimate honor upon you, as He receives you as His beloved & treasured bride.”

You can download the complete list here: http://www.jenniferrothschild.com/.

Yes, Jesus loves me, now and always.  The Bible - God’s Valentine - tells me so.

Prayer:  O Lord, how thankful I am that no matter how painful or lonely or difficult my life is, I have the promises in Scripture of Your love and care for me.  Let me never doubt this love, and let me show my love to You in trust, obedience, and worship.  Amen.
 
This is a great song by Chris Tomlin - Jesus Loves Me

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment