Saturday, January 3, 2015

Recharging Our Life Batteries for New Challenges


“I know that through your prayers and the help given me by the Spirit of Jesus Christ, what has happened to me will turn out for my good”
 (Philippians 1:19).

Two thousand fifteen is a new year, but our health problems may not be, and we may face some new ones as well.  Have you ever lost power in your home and discovered that your flashlight batteries were dead?  As this year begins, we may feel our “life batteries” have died.  We have no strength for the challenges that lie ahead.  We need to be recharged.

The King James Version of Philippians 1:19 says our help will come through “the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ”.  In Rick Renner’s book, Sparkling Gems from the Greek, he explains that “supply” refers to the abundant and excessive contribution of the Spirit’s grace and power through Jesus, which is readily available to all believers all the time.

My new year began with shoulder pain, sleeplessness, fibro pain, depression, and nausea.  I struggled with how I would survive the day, let alone another year.  My life battery seemed dead.  But I kept going and will continue to do so because of Christ’s power source in me.  

This verse also mentions that the prayers of others help sustain us, so let us not forget to lift up others who are struggling.  God’s power supply flows through us to not only strengthen us but to help us strengthen others.  

Someone posted this quote from GodFruits on Facebook:  “Instead of saying, ‘Lord I don’t know how I am going to do this,’ say, ‘Lord, I can’t wait to see how you do this.’ ” Whatever the new year brings, thank God His ever-ready battery of power supply in our lives keeps on going and will never die.

Prayer:  All-Powerful God,Your Word says my strength will equal my days (Deuteronomy 33:15).  As I begin this new year, I know I will have the mental, physical, and emotional energy to keep going, because your grace and power will sustain me through whatever each day brings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment